Empath Health is a not-for-profit integrated network of care prepared to meet the ever-changing needs of those challenged by chronic illness and advanced illness. In addition to hospice care, we offer palliative home health and physician services, independent living assistance and day care for seniors, services for those affected by HIV and advance care planning.
Suncoast Hospice, an affiliate of Empath Health, is a not-for-profit organization committed to serving those living with chronic and terminal illnesses, nearing the end of life, or experiencing grief. Suncoast Hospice cares for patients and helps to guide their families as they provide care and make decisions.
We are currently seeking an experienced and compassionate Admissions RN to identify and coordinate patient/family needs and for provide preventative and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/family unit. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned RN professional to expand his/her skills in the hospice field. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, stable work/life balance and opportunities to grow in your career in the healthcare field.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services, and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
As an Admissions RN with Empath Health you must be patient/family focused, loyal, motivated and interested in serving your community.
Other requirements of this role include:
• Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
o Valid Florida license as a Registered Nurse
o Valid Florida State Driver’s License
• Continuing Education: As required for licensure.
• Certifications: CPR required
• Post Offer Employment Testing (POET) or Fit for Duty examination (as necessary) with “Capable” result required.
• The ability to type 25 wpm is highly preferred. Must receive a passing grade on a pre-employment computer literacy evaluation.
• For field-based positions, employees must have reliable transportation which will enable them to perform tasks and responsibilities in a timely and appropriate fashion. Must provide proof of valid automobile insurance, a copy of which will be placed in the employee’s HR file.
Empath Health wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education and advancement. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and piece of mind.
Other benefits of include:
• Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
• Voluntary term life insurance
• Short-term and long-term disability
• Professional group liability insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible spending accounts
• Retirement savings plan with employer match
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone plan discounts
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Local, state and national workshops & conferences
• Advanced certification courses
• Leadership development programs
• Much more!
Applicants provisionally accepted for employment will be required to undergo a fitness for duty evaluation. The individual will be required to simulate the tasks that they would normally be expected to perform in their role. Those who qualify under ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) will be provided with reasonable accommodations to assist in the performance of the evaluated tasks.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.